What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our website, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other website features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our website as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when you place an order, or enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
For your convenience in future transactions and to expedite our recurring billing plans, we may securely store your credit card information for more than 60 days.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart and during our subscription process.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about website traffic and website interactions in order to offer better website experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. Doing so will turn off some of the features that make your website experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. You will not have access to the research application and subscription process. You will, however, still be able to place some types of orders.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. “Outside parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
We have implemented Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) we agree to the following:
Users can visit our website anonymously.
You are able to change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By chatting with us or sending us a ticket
How does our website handle do not track signals?
Does our website allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in website notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act Notices
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service; or
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
In accordance with CANSPAM we agree that we will:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- Include the physical address of our business or website headquarters;
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
310 4th Avenue S, Suite 1100
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415
This is a P3P-enabled web website. If you are using a P3P-enabled web browser you should be able to fetch the P3P policy automatically. If not, here is the P3P policy and the P3P policy reference file.
Last Edited on 2016-01-12